Shabby Blog Wheels on the Bus

Friday, April 13, 2012

Welcome to the Party!

Ultimate Blog Party 2012

Hello, friends!
Thanks for dropping by Electric City Academy!

I'm so excited to be a part of 5 Minutes for Mom's Ultimate Blog Party 2012!

Here at Electric City Academy, I chronicle our adventures in homeschooling.

We've been homeschooling our two children (ages 5 and 7) for 3 years. This is the first year I'm blogging publicly about our experiences!

I love to share about history tidbits, science experiments, writing practice ideas, and much more.

And for those of you who are interested, I'm also going to begin posting thematic theme units for Pre-K. I have everything we used, every idea I gathered, just tucked away -- why not share it!? That is one of my projects for the coming summer.

I'm also going to try my hand at writing my own literature-based mini-curriculum for my children to do this summer. I began to get discouraged after not finding exactly what I was looking for at a reasonable price -- so I'm hoping to compile our own. We'll see how it goes!


I feel called to and absolutely love what I do, and I hope you'll join us for the journey. A big part of homeschooling is community -- and this blog helps me stretch our boundaries a little bit further!

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope to see you again soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I found you on the UBP. I homeschool my kids too (ages 12, 8, and 5). You're right it is a calling. I feel so lucky to be on this journey with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 5 and 1 year old and am considering homeschooling. So I am going to hold you to that iterature-based mini-curriculum you mentioned.....I am also excited to see what science stuff you already have posted, as that is my passion.

    I have a plan for this summer to develop a thematic corn unit. We live in a rural area with fields all around. So I want to take advantage of that and go out and record height measurements to do graphing, take photos to help us with our descriptive data. If you are interested, I'll make sure you get a copy of that when I get it done!

    I'm glad you decided to share your experiences of a homeschooling family. It is going to make the road for those who come after you (like me) a lot easier. Its about networking! :) So glad to have met you!

    Darci
    http://www.STEMmom.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm visiting from the UBP! A fellow homeschooler...saying hello!

    Jennifer from Teachingboys.net

    ReplyDelete